The Norton Remove & Reinstall tool, also known as NRnR or tool, uninstalls all supported Norton products from your computer, and reinstalls the latest version of your Norton security product.
Norton Removal & Reinstall tool automatically reinstalls the latest version of your Norton security product like Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, or Norton 360. If you already have the latest version of Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, or Norton 360, the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool reinstalls the same version of the Norton security product on your computer.
Apart from the Norton security products, if you have any other utility products like Norton System Works, Norton Ghost, pcAnywhere, or Norton Utilities, you have to reinstall them manually. Before you proceed, make sure that you have the installation CDs or the downloaded installation files of those products. If you have Norton Online Backup or Norton Safety Minder, you can redownload them from the Norton Web site.
Downloading the NRnR toolThe last version of Norton Remove & Reinstall tool can be download for free from Symantec server: NRnRA.exe [5,4 MB]
System requirements of NRnR toolBefore starting the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool, you should read carefully the following requirements:
- The Norton Remove & Reinstall tool is compatible with the following Norton security products:
- Norton AntiVirus 2009 and later versions
- Norton Internet Security 2009 and later versions
- Norton 360 Version 3.0 and later versions
- You should have activated your product using a Norton product key at least once.
- The Norton Remove & Reinstall tool is not compatible with Norton Online products like Norton AntiVirus Online, Norton Internet Security Online, or Norton 360 Online, which are provided by the service providers. If you have received your Norton product from your service provider, go to the next section of this document to download and run the Norton Removal Tool.
- You need to log on as an administrator on your computer to run the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool.
- If your computer is running in Safe Mode, make sure that you run the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool from Windows desktop.
Running the NRnR tool
After starting the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool, will be executed the following:
- Initializing Norton Remove & Reinstall.
- Checking for new version of Norton Remove & Reinstall.
- Checking for supported Norton Products.
- Gathering installed product details.
- Checking for updates.
- Initializing download.
- Downloading installer.
- Saving User Settings.
- Uninstalling previous product.